Golden Honey Banana Muffins
Bring on the Sun! PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!! I’m fairly certain last year’s winter still has me traumatized, and even though this winter hasn’t been nearly so bad I’m so ready for SPRING! [Note: Sorry Allergy Sufferers…. I feel your plight, but I need Spring dang it!)
I can’t wait for the sunshine, and the green grass…. And as I’ve been dreaming of bright warmth and yellow it seemed fitting to grab some well ripened bananas and golden honey and get to baking! These little beauties also offer something different as they’re sweetness comes to us only from the bees, which gives it a warmth of sunshiney days to come (….I’m doing a sun dance can’t you tell?!). They’re a great little snack, breakfast addition, or… if you’re like me and hate bananas… and other “healthy” things a great way to trick someone into eating better.
4 very ripe Bananas
3/4 cup Honey
1/3 cup Buttermilk
1/3 Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Beaten Eggs (room temperature)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Flour
1 cup Cake Flour
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat your oven to 375° and line your cupcake pans (makes about 24).
2. Mash/mix your bananas until they are completely smooth, then add the rest of the Wet ingredients and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl sift together all your dry ingredients until smooth and well combined.
4. Gently mix in the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. (It can be a little lumpy but be sure all big clumps of flour are broken up.)
5. Fill your muffin cups 2/3’s full, and bake for 15-17 minutes until when tested with a toothpick it comes out clean.
6. After you remove it from the oven, place your muffins on a cooling rack until cool, then serve. <3
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.