Continuing Sarah’s brownie bonanza, was a little easier this time as Paul is not a fan of peanut butter and had false hopes when he came home to the Snickers Brownies. Since he thought they were Turtle Brownies, I thought it’d be only fair of me to whip him up a batch of what he was dreaming about. Plus, since we were on our way to spend the weekend with friends… I figured this would help make a great hostess gift, and provide us all with something sweet to munch on during our stay.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and it brings you as many smiles as it did for me! <3
(For Brownie Portion: Double Decadent Fudgy Brownies)
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
(For Caramel Portion)
1 Bag of Caramels
2-3 tablespoons of Heavy Cream
***Or you can make your own caramel if you have the time!
Pecans, whole or finely chopped.
(For Chocolate topping)
1 cup Chocolate Chips your choice: Semi-Sweet, Milk, or Dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 13 pan with foil that’s been greased.
2. Place the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Stirring until butter and chocolate are melted. Remove from heat stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs. When those are perfectly combined add in the flour and salt. Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until completely set. When it’s done, place on a cooling rack to cool.
3. Unwrap your caramels in a bowl with two tablespoons of cream. Put it in the microwave for a minute, stir. Put it back in for 30 seconds, and continue to stir and melt as needed until you reach the desired consistency. (If it’s still stiff even when melted add the other tablespoon -or more- of cream, microwave again and stir till you have a slow flowing caramel. Just remember don’t get it too loose or it won’t stay on your brownies!^_^)
4. Pour on the caramel spreading it out so it covers. Now the pecan part is up to you. I tried to evenly disperse them randomly, but if you really like Pecans you might want to pack them in tight, chop them, whatever makes you happiest is the way to go! Whatever way you choose, press them into the caramel so they stick.
5. Chill. Stick that pan in the fridge till everything has had a goo chance to chill out and set up.
6. Microwave chocolate chips in a bowl, at 30 second increments stirring in between. When melted, pour onto brownies and use a spatula to spread out evenly over the top. Transfer into the fridge to set up.
7. When the chocolate is completely solid, remove from the pan, defoil, and cut into whatever sized bars you want!
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.